It is a psychological disorder but not beyond realty touch. Anxiety means worry or nervousness and neurosis means a group of stress symptoms characterized by excessive, exaggerated worrying or fear about everyday issues such as money, family, work or health, the symptoms of anxiety neurosis can be overwhelming, at times to the point of being completely debilitating.
It can be categorized as follows:
- Anxiety due to a general medical condition
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Adjustment disorder with anxious features
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social phobia, also referred to as social anxiety disorder
- Specific phobia, also referred to as simple phobia - Specific phobias have been further broken down by the DSM-IV-TR to include animal type, such as fear of dogs (cynophobia), cats (ailurophobia), bees (apiphobia), spiders (arachnophobia), snakes (ophidiophobia); natural environment type, such as fear of heights (acrophobia), water (hydrophobia), or thunderstorms (astraphobia); blood injection/injury type, such as fear of pain (algophobia) or of being beaten (rhabdophobia); situational type, such as fear of flying (pteromerhanophobia), elevators, or enclosed spaces; and other type.
Causes: Causes may vary from person to person.
- Persistence of Anxiety
Note: We are giving only a brief description of each disease for your quick reference with some best related photographs where needed.