It is defined as disorder of glans penis (Head of penis) characterized by red, swelling, burning with white or yellowish discharge. Though it is common in uncircumcised male but it occurs in circumcised one also.
- Poor hygiene in an uncircumcised male (the most common cause)
- Diabetes (the most common underlying cause of balantis)
- Response to infection. Various viruses and organisms can cause balanitis. These include HPV (human papilloma virus), strep, candida,
- gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis
- Chemical irritants
- Allergic reactions to some medicines
- Penile caner (a rare cause of balantis)
Note: We are giving only a brief description of each disease for your quick reference with some best related photographs where needed.