It is also known as Tinea.It is a contagious fungal skin disorder characterized by Itchy, red, raised, scaly patches that may blister and ooze.The patches tend to have sharply-defined edges. Red patches are often redder around the outside with normal skin tone in the center. This may look like a ring.
- Tinea Barbae - Apeears on beard
- Tinea Corporis - Appears on body
- Tinea pedis - Appears on feet (Also called Athlete's foot)
- Tinea cruris - Appears on groin (Also called Jock itch)
- Tinea capitis - Appears on scalp
- Tinea unguium - Appears on finger nails and toe nails
- Tinea manuum - Appears on hands and palms
- Tinea faciei - Appears on face
It is caused by fungus, not a worm like the name suggests.
Note: We are giving only a brief description of each disease for your quick reference with some best related photographs where needed.